Both the searcher and search engine has become local. Gone are those days when yellow pages and white pages of local phone book were use to search the address and phone numbers. Almost 60 to 80% of the searchers access the information online for local businesses. So it is important to list your business locally. Listing your business locally means promoting your products and services regionally and not globally. In this article, it’s discussed about the steps for how to list your business with Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Listing your business with Google:
- Go to “ Google Places”
- Go to “get your business found on Google”
- Click” get started now”
- If you want that users can get access to your business listings, then you have to create a separate Gmail account.
- After signing, Google will ask you for your business contact number and search listings of Google places to confirm that if your business has been claim or not.
- If your business has been claim, then you have to go in and edit it and verify all the changes. But if it has not been claim, then you will land on the page wherein you have to fill in the from about your business. It is a simple and a straight forward from which only includes the information about your business. While filling the form, you must make sure that:
- You fill it completely(as much as possible)
- Ensure that you fill out the name of your business, address and the contact number of your business exactly the same on other search engines. Make sure that you fill it correctly.
- Add business videos or images if available
Submit and verify: It is the verification or confirmation by Google for checking that you are who what you say. They will either give you a phone call or will give you a pin number and choose any option from above and you have listed on Google.
Listing your business with Yahoo:
- Go to Yahoo local listings
- Firstly, you have to create a Yahoo account. Sign in to Yahoo.
- Fill up the contact and business information sections.
- The categories are very simple and are about to the information about the business. You need to click on the information or description that you want to use.
- If the information you have provided is like listings, then you can claim the listings otherwise, you have to create new listings.
- Try to fill as much information as possible.
- Close preview screen
- Review the information you have filled
- Type in CAPTCHA code
- Agree to all terms and conditions
- Click submit
- Select the verification method & verify
Following the above steps will help you register your business for local search in search engines.
Content Copyrighted To TechnoWorldNews.com
If you like This post, you can also Like and follow Techno World News on Facebook . Subscribe to Techno World News feed via RSS
. You can also contribute to this blog, if you are interested Email here
Latest posts by Techno World News (see all)