Beacon technology is the one of the biggest buzz words in the tech world today. Ever wondered why it has become so popular and what are the key reasons that led to its worldwide success? We will also take a look at some of the industries that have adapted this technology and benefited a lot from it.
Top 5 Benefits of Beacon Technology
Image Courtesy: brightvessel.com
- The most prominent feature of beacon technology is that it helps with background positioning and detection. Now this is what makes a smart phone truly ‘smart,’ isn’t it? The technology works with unique signatures hence it’s very easy to identify and locate anytime anywhere.
- The retail industry is the one to benefit the most from this technology. You can now have shelves and displays across different stores that will be interactive and have a personal or human touch as well.
- If you are a retailer, you don’t need to market your product anymore through messages or marketing campaigns or even advertisements! You can do this with the help of beacon technology by sending out digital form output to all your targeted consumers. This saves money, time, and efforts and since it is your own voice the human touch is not missing as well.
- The real estate industry has also used this technology well to this advantage. If you are within a range of a listed property, then an alert will be sent to your mobile instantly. Thanks to this Bluetooth technology, the entire process of buying or selling a property has now become real easy and at the simple touch of a button.
- Your travel experience can now become so much nicer and comfortable all thanks to the beacon technology. This technology works up to a distance of 200-300 meters with utmost ease. When you are at the airport you would receive welcome messages, boarding time details and you can use your phone’s home screen for check-in!
Image Courtesy: blog.socialsign.in
Industries using Beacon Technology
Here is a list of some of the sectors that are predominantly using beacon technology day in and day out and making their brand name grow at a very quick pace.
- Retail industry
- Airlines industry
- Advertising industry
- Real estate industry
Companies Presently using Beacon Technology
There are a lot of companies across the United States and other parts of the world that are using this technology to make profits and increase their client base. Some of the most prominent companies are:
- Virgin Atlantic
- Starwood Hotels
Applications that Run on Beacon Technology
The list of apps that run on beacon technology is endless. Here we have tried to capture some apps that operate on this technology and are very popular among users.
- SXSW – Event Registration App
- Shopkick – Shopping App
- Mingleton – Dating App
- Epicurious – Recipe App
This proves that if you want to be the best and most popular in your segment, then making use of beacon technology is a must. You can witness a multifold increase in consumer reach and enhance their overall experience of knowing and using your product. Work toward becoming a market leader with the help of beacon technology!
Mathu Munisamy is the Digital Marketing Lead at innomobileapps.com
. He is passionate about digital marketing trends, tools and techniques, mobile app and the enterprise mobility services.
Latest posts by Mathu Muniasamy (see all)