One of the most useful aspects about smartphones are the apps you can install onto them. No matter what your device’s respective platform, you can always find a few great quality apps in a number of categories on its app marketplace that can come in handy for you. If you are a contractor or even just a homeowner who wants to maintain your house, perform window cleaning or just paint a room, there are plenty of home improvement apps you will find useful. Here are a few of the best that you might want to consider obtaining.
My Measures and Dimensions
• My Measures and Dimensions is $2.99 at the iTunes App Store. It is hailed as being the best app for storing and sharing object dimensions and is an ideal tool for carpenters, engineers, architects, construction workers, homeowners who want to engage in their own DIY home improvement projects and more. It is easy to use and only requires you to take a photo and add angles, notes, arrows or whatever else you need. The measurements are then stored within the app, freeing you from having to make sketches on paper. It is great to use to organize all of your DIY projects. Download the app here.
Remodeling and Home Improvement
• Remodeling and Home Improvement is a free app for Android smartphones and tablets. It allows you to quickly snap a photo of a home remodeling idea and then compare estimates from the app to determine the best route to go for your project. You can use it for landscaping, masonry, painting, roofing, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, general contractor and other points of interest for your home. Download the app here.
• Home Improvements is a free app for Windows Phone and is an essentially all in one tool for all of your DIY home improvement activities. You can obtain great remodeling tips for your home, look up various DIY definitions and terms and even get direct feeds from Home Depot. There are also home gardening tips you can get to make your yard beautiful. Download the app here.
Home Design by Jack’s
• Home Design by Jack’s is a free app that allows you to do work on your windows. You can even snap a photo of a wall in your home where you envision building a new window, send it off to get an estimate on how much the job will cost and more. Watch videos on window designs, change colors in your windows and much more. Download the app here.
• Handyman Calculator is a free app that is the essential complete construction calculator. Inputs are simple and you can save time and money by relying on it. The user interface is clean and user friendly and it includes a number of different measurements so that you can figure out how much space you need and more.
Download the app here.
With all of these great home improvement apps, you will find it much easier to start on your DIY projects around your home. You will be pleasantly surprised at how smoothly you can get your work done as well.