With television shows like HGTV and the DIY Network inspiring homeowners to envision remodeling their homes and complete the tasks themselves, the popularity of home improvement apps have definitely grown over the past few years. Here’s a list of some must-have Apps for those who are up to the renovation task:
1. Udesignit Decoration 3D ($4.79)–
This 3D virtual designing tool is fast and easy to use; the App creates animated rooms and modifies the colors and items with impressive realistic images. In a nutshell, users can create a plan in 2D and transform it into a design in 3D. The App is currently for walls only but more features will be available in future versions.
Udesignit will Design:
• Doors and windows
• Wall Pictures and Panels
• Area Rugs
• Wall Paper
2. Handy Man DIY ($1.99)–
This “handy” App features text-based instructions for multiple projects and provides a list of materials needed for the job; it also conveniently provides a to-do-list which assists users by actually managing their projects and tracking the associated costs.
• Provides Youtube videos for projects
• Includes Room Measurement Calculators
• Offers the ability to purchase materials online within the interface
3. Houzz (free)–
Features a design gallery with more than 1,500,000 high-resolution photos that get automatically sorted according to style preference or metro area; users can also sort pictures according to keywords, room type, etc. and save them to their “virtual idea book” within the interface. To top it off, this App has a 5 star rating with Apple.
• Provides recommendations and detailed information while keeping the product image in full view
• Provides an option to “like”, comment or bookmark ideas
• Users can upload their own photos as well
4. Home Design ($7)–
Featured on Apple’sBest of App Store 2012 for being “ one of the best creativity Apps for iPad”, this impressive App allows users to design virtual models of their homes then fill it up with design elements. The app is so real that it even allows the users to paint on the wall! Users can also add texture to the wall colors to give the feel of wallpaper. For users who want to make changes in their home but aren’t sure where to start, this App could be the remedy.
• Create a spot-on rendering of your home
• Gives users complete control of their design
• Inserts furniture, fixtures, windows, doorways, hardwood floors and more
• Simple, easy-to-use interface
Closets and clothes go out of style, and home decor does too. These Apps will help you tackle the task of home improvement regardless of how little or big the project is. For the restless renovator who is never satisfied and always sees room for more improvement, there are Apps out there for literally any type of project – and any budget.