Ah! Here it is, Google just launches a new tool for the site owners who got the effect of Panda and penguin in their sites and got several unnatural link notices into webmaster tool. This tool was announced by the head of Google’s web spam team Matt Cutts on 16th October, 2012. Now-a-day the site owners or webmasters are communicating with those site owners from which their site’s links were out and requesting them to delete those. But many cases they don’t response or ignored or ask for charges for removing links. Disavow Links Tool is solution of this right now.
Where to find it?
It is now in Beta mode. Google integrate this tool with webmaster central. You can found Disavow link tool in webmaster tool from here
How it works?
1. What you have to do just go here and select the site from drop down menu of your all site listed into webmaster central and click the button Disavow Links.
2. Next you will see a message. Below is the snapshot of that. Just read it carefully before continues. If all is OK with you just click on the Disavow Links button again.
The message is –
“This is an advanced feature and should only be used with caution. If used incorrectly, this feature can potentially harm your site’s performance in Google’s search results. We recommend that you only disavow backlinks if you believe you have a considerable number of spammy, artificial, or low-quality links pointing to your site, and if you are confident that the links are causing issues for you.”
3. Then a pop up box come up and asking you to upload a file with the links from where you want to disavow your site’s links. Link this below
4. You have to upload a TXT version file where you put the list of links. File text format might like this – described below
# Contacted owner of spamdomain1.com on 10/16/2012 to
# ask for link removal but got no response
# Owner of spamdomain2.com removed most links, but missed these
In the above example –
- The texts begin with (#) sign is just like comment which will ignore by google.
- Domain: – this denote that you want to disavow your site link from all pages of spamdomain1.com
- Next if you want to specify the pages from where you like to disavow links, just put as a list like this
5. Just remember that Google is now allowing only one file per site of your and the max size of file is 2MB.
6. If you want to modify the file just download it, modify it and the upload it again.
7. Disavow link Tools just like nofollow attribute. It ignore those links to follow and attributed or crawled into their database. But Google has all right on it, so they can ignore your comment also if they want.
8. So, just upload it and click to submit button and wait for 2 to 3 weeks.
How long it will take to disavow links?
It will take more than 2 weeks. If you see there is no change, you understand that there should be some problem in your uploaded file, so you have to modify that.
Will this prevent Negative SEO?
Well a million dollar question it is. I think the tool is all in one to Google. From this they come to know easily about which blog or site is taking paid links, paid posts in many cases. It simple if one site got submitted multiple times into the Disavow links text file, Google defiantly understand the site is suspicious or spammy nature. So indirectly blogs, sites and published also be in the track of Google. It is useful tool for those who get listed in thousands of spammy directories and article directories and blog networks. They can just list those sites and upload it and wait for the result.
The procedure is not time taking, so site owners may not to mail everytime to the admin of general Directories or article directories. But the result out is very much time taking. So I will prefer to mail first, then if you not get response then use this tool.
The site owner should conscious before using this tool. Because too much nofollow or deleting your links can decrease your Rank in SERP. So take care of it.
Check the video of Matt Cutts – explaining about Google New Disavow Links Tool